Diploma in Creative Web Design (CEF Approved)
Websites are going SoLoMo (social, local and mobile), so is web design. Today, all effective websites call for an integration of SoLoMo strategies catered to users on different devices and platforms (desktops, smartphones and tablets). Web designers have constantly to deal with changes in technology. Responsive web design is what we need now to create flexible, cross-platform webpages to meet market needs. Those who can catch up with the latest technologies are the most wanted in the field.
This course is designed for those who want to develop up-to-date web design skills and prepare themselves to meet the challenges of the digital age. With Adobe CC, you can create interactive and professional looking multimedia websites without writing any code. You will learn how to make your webpages adapt to different screen sizes using responsive web design techniques. Specifically, you will learn the following skills in the course:
- Designing responsive web user interface (UI) with Adobe Muse (Demo)
- Preparing web-ready Images with Adobe Photoshop (Demo)
- Using Adobe Dreamweaver and Bootstrap for webpage editing and customization (Demo)
- Publishing media-rich digital documents (EPUB) with Adobe InDesign (Demo)
- Creating cross-platform interactive animations with Adobe Animate (Demo)
The course allows you to acquire a wide range of industry standard skills and helps you build a career in web design and development. Students will learn under the guidance of experienced instructors. On course completion, you will be able to design interactive multimedia websites for viewing on different devices and platforms.
Applicants should be computer-literate with a sound working knowledge
of the Windows operating systems. Previous knowledge of the software applications
being studied is not necessary.
The course consists
of the following 4 modules:
|Module 1: Web Page Layout and Graphic Design
You will learn to use Adobe Muse to design and publish websites without writing any code, and use Adobe Photoshop to prepare web-ready images.
- Creating your site and working with master pages
- Managing text and graphics
- Responsive web design and artboard layout
- Shapes, color and effects
- Adding links, buttons and graphic styles
- Working with widgets and publishing a website
|Module 2: Web Publishing and Content Management
You will learn to use Adobe InDesign to create and publish interactive online documents.
- Getting to know InDesign; setting up a document and working with pages
- Working with frames, objects and text
- Working with typography and styles
- Creating PDF forms, creating a fixed layout or reflowable EPUB with media-rich data
|Module 3: Responsive Web Design
You will learn to use Adobe Dreamweaver to create, code and manage websites using HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap.
- HTML/CSS basics. What's new in HTML5 and CSS3?
- Web design basics. Creating a page layout with Bootstrap
- Designing for mobile devices and working with templates
- Working with text and images
- Adding interactivity, widgets, animations and videos
- Publishing to the web
|Module 4: Web Animation and Interactivity Design
You will learn to use Adobe Animate to design interactive animations and publish them to multiple platforms — including Flash/Adobe AIR, HTML5 Canvas, and WebGL.
- Designing a vector animation
- Managing layers and timelines
- Video and Adobe Air content
Title of Award and Assessment Methods
Each module includes a practical project; all projects will be assessed
according to aesthetic value, technical skills, creativity, and functionality.
The course diploma will be awarded
to the students who pass in all project assessments and achieve 80% attendance.
$7,800 ($1,560 for eligible applicants after maximum 80% course fee reimbursement from CEF upon successful completion of the course)
Course Delivery Language
Cantonese-taught and English-taught courses are available. Course material is only in English.
(A) Full-day classes, 2 days per week, course fee in 2 instalments
$3900 x 2 monthly instalments (total $7800, $1560 after 80% CEF reimbursement), 60 hours in 20 sessions, 4 sessions per week
|Diploma in Creative Web Design (CEF Approved)
(B) Half-day, evening, or Saturday full-day classes, 6 hours per week, course fee in 3 instalments
$2600 x 3 monthly instalments (total $7800, $1560 after 80% CEF reimbursement), 60 hours in 20 sessions, 2 sessions per week
|Diploma in Creative Web Design (CEF Approved)
- Proceed with on-line
registration or send the completed enrolment form (download)
to us together with a cheque (made payable to Welkin Compuer
Training) for the program fee.
- CEF applicants have to complete the CEF Application Form (download) and send it to us for certification. They will then send the form to the Office of the Continuing Education Fund, Room 916, 9/F,
Kwai Hing Government Offices,
166-174 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Chung,
New Territories, together with a photocopy of their HKID Card before course
- Applicants will receive application results from the Office of the
CEF within 14 working days.